- February 2018 (5)
- January 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (2)
- November 2017 (1)
- October 2017 (5)
- September 2017 (4)
- August 2017 (3)
- July 2017 (3)
- June 2017 (3)
- May 2017 (3)
- April 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (5)
- November 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (2)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (4)
- July 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (3)
- May 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (3)
- February 2016 (2)
- January 2016 (1)
Installing cabinet handles | Step by step guide
Decorative Cabinet Hardware
Properly install cabinet handles and knobs with these easy-to-follow instructions. Before beginning your installation project, make sure you read all the instructions thoroughly
Once you have the tools you need and the cabinet handles and knobs to match your home's design and style, you can take the next step in your DIY home decorating project.
Cabinet hardware installation instructions
Before you begin:
- Read the installation instructions completely before starting.
- Take care not to scratch your cabinets and countertops while working with tools.
Tools you need:
- Electric drill
- 3/16" drill bit
- #2 Phillips screwdriver
- Ruler or tape measure
- Masking tape (optional)
- Liberty brand AlignRight installation template
- Determine where you're going to install your handles or knobs. Common locations for cabinet hardware include on the bottom left for upper cabinets, or the upper left for lower cabinets.
- Measure between the holes on the back of the handles to find the correct center to center spacing for the holes. 3" is the most popular spacing, but your options will depend on the size of your cabinet doors.
- With your ruler or tape measure, carefully measure and mark the hole locations. You can also use the reusable Liberty brand AlignRight cabinet hardware installation template to help with spacing. WARNING: If you use a power drill, always read and follow the operating and safety instructions in the power drill owner's manual and the instructions for use. Always wear safety goggles to protect your eyes and wear other appropriate safety items for protection.
- Place masking tape in your approximate hole locations on the front of the cabinet. Doing so can help prevent any potential damage to the cabinet front from drilling.
- Carefully drill through the door fronts. Go steadily and slowly, and use minimal pressure to reduce damaging or splintering the backside of your cabinet.
- Use a screwdriver and provided fasteners to install your new cabinet handles or knobs. (Note: Be careful not to over-tighten the screws. Cabinet hardware should only be hand tightened.)
Find cabinet handles and knobs from Liberty Hardware Mfg. Corp.
With our extensive selection of cabinet handles, knobs and pulls, you'll find a great new addition to your home design project at Liberty Hardware Mfg. Corp. Our wide variety of styles includes superb pieces such as the 3-3/4" Steel bar pull, the Front mount hammercraft and the 3" or 3-3/4" Dual mount unity.
Click on each image below to find out more about each cabinet handle, where you can buy them near you and how you can get started installing them in your own home!
Browse our huge selection of cabinet handles and knobs today!