Call for Entries!
We want your help in revolutionizing the future of decorative home and bathroom hardware!
Liberty Hardware is pleased to announce a new competition to imagine the next generation of
decorative hardware. If you are a U.S. resident (citizen or green card holder) age 18
(or age of majority in state of residence) and older, you can have a chance to design
your vision of the next innovative hardware design or installation solution and compete
$7800 in awards. Exercise your imagination and let your point of view be seen by top designers
in the industry. View examples of our current product portfolio for inspiration.
Starts: September 13, 2010, 12:00am EST
Ends: October 25, 2010, 5:00pm EST
What We Are Looking For
Envision what’s next for hardware in your home.
What do you think the next generation of decorative home and bath
hardware should look like or work like for the U.S. market in the
next 2 to 3 years? How can the installation of these products be improved?
What additional functions can these products have?
We are asking for your help. We are not looking for a long list of ideas
that already exist! We’re looking for a cool new concept or big idea
supported by drawings and user interaction illustrations.
We are allowing only ONE page per submission (1024 x 3072 pixels). Within this page you will need to visualize your concept as well as any relevant usage scenarios that help to explain the benefits of your idea. Please feel free to use our provided template as a starting point. Please make sure that the text is visible (12 pt. font or higher) and the images are large enough to make it easy for the judges to review.
The Design must meet the following criteria:
The Design must be a new concept and must be accompanied by the name of the concept and a detailed explanation of the following:
- Describe your target user and their lifestyle
- Describe how your concept solves a problem in the market that is not being addressed by any existing product
- Describe an experience that tells how your concept fits into your target user’s lifestyle (focus on the story and not just a list of features)
- Describe your inspiration for the concept
Product designs should be submitted as collections, which contain each piece as defined in the product definitions below:
- Cabinet Hardware: Cabinet Knob and coordinating Cabinet Pull/Handle
- Hook Rail: 18” Rail with Hooks and coordinating Decorative Hook
- Bath Hardware: Towel bar, toilet paper holder, towel ring, and robe hook (optional pieces include glass shelf, towel rack, and mirror)
Installation method submissions can be submitted for any of the above product collections.
This must be an alternative to standard screw-in hardware as seen in the market today.
Keep the end user’s ease and time in mind when designing new installation methods.
- Acrobat PDF
- JPG (1024 x 3072 pixels)
- PNG (1024 x 3072 pixels)
- Innovation (40% weight): Is the design unique? Does the concept convey game-changing characteristics?
- Need Fulfillment (30% weight): How well does the product or installation method address general consumer needs?
- Feasibility (15% weight): Can this product be realistically implemented with current or near-future technology (within the next 2 to 3 years)?
- Aesthetics (15% Weight): Is the design aesthetically appealing?
Submissions may be illustrated or rendered in any format - hand sketches, digital drawings, or renderings – rendering tool used will not affect judging process. You may submit up to two different entries per category (product design and installation method) total.
Have Questions or Need More Inspiration?
Must be a US resident (citizen or green card holder), age 18 (or age of majority in state of residence) and older. Employees of Liberty Hardware Manufacturing Corporation, MASCO, or affiliate companies and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. By entering a design in this competition, you agree that Liberty Hardware will own all rights, title, interest in the design and any submitted documentation. Download a copy of the official contest rules.
The winners will be announced on November 15, 2010 on the Contest Results Page.